View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Favorite Scenes in Anime(no videos) 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Scenes in Anime(no videos)
I'm going to bump this because I can. Anyways the parts in Guyver the Bioboosted Armor where the Guyver unit uses it's mega smasher is always amazing no matter how many times it is done it just never gets old or loses that cool flair. And to just explain it isn't enough. This is something that has to be shown... In a picture I guess. The Guyver unit's have chest flaps that they can open up and use as a laser beam. That's the mega smasher in a nutshell. But yeah, any scene in Guyver that features this attack is amazing to me.

Spoiler HTML code

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:44 am
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

I don't really have a favourite scene in Anime(yet...), but I do have some favourites. Anything from Bleach is good(I really like the story, and it's funny even though its action packed). I also like Neon Genesis Evangelion because of the giant robots, and in my opinion it has a much better story than Gundam Seed. My sister and I are also into Trigun, and Kaleido Star. Kaleido Star is meant for younger people, but I'm still enjoying it anyways as it teaches an important message of following your heart. Trigun is great because you don't really know what is going to happen next. I also like how Vash doesn't really use violence to get back at the bad guys. That's it for now on my favourite anime and I look forward to hear what some of your favourite scenes are. Again sorry for posting my favourite animes and not my favourite scenes, but I haven't really watched too many animes to have a favourite scene yet....

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Most of Vegeta's scenes in Dragon Ball Z. To be honest, Vegeta has a redundant and predictable formula. He becomes extremely powerful, shows off, enemy becomes stronger and defeats Vegeta. However, the parts where he kicks ass are extremely fun to watch, and his pride is what makes him my favorite DBZ character. :rave:

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Huge bump but whatever has to be done cause we can on this site even though it's something you don't usually do in forum boards. Anyways I watched Evangelion : 1.11 You are (Not) Alone a few weeks back and it blew my socks off. Evangelion isn't really as much of a mecha anime as people would thing as the Evangelion Units, (The suits piloted by the protagonists) are actually more like androids/cyborgs in that they are living beings wearing mechanical attachments and armor and are being controlled by a pilot. Of course an EVA unit can go berserk and the pilot wont have any control and this is where one of my fav scenes from the rebuild of Evangelion comes in.

Basically the main protagonist Shinji is thrown into the fray and is offered to pilot the EVA to fend off the 3rd angel. (The antagonist of this show are angels but not as how we usually know angels as.) With Shinji having no experience on how to pilot the EVA he gets completely decimated by the angel which triggers the EVA to go berserk. The EVA then spins out of control and starts brutally attacking the angel. Of course shortly after the angel is defeated. Not much to the seen but it's really cool nonetheless.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:39 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

*insert almost any Dr Slump scene with Arale here*
Yeah, yeah, I'm getting redundant with Arale, but I can't help it. She's hilarious. It's so amusing to watch strange things happen to someone with 0 common sense. She wants to be a good girl? She listens to her teacher and takes "lost" objects to the police. She's told to eat a dish in order to help grow? She literally eats her plate. I can't say enough good about how funny it is.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

The Accelerator Vs Touma fight in A Certain Magical Index and the redo in Scientific Railgun were damn near perfect for me. Touma is one of the weakest characters in the city which houses Espers (On a Level of 0 - 5, he's level 0) he only has the power to block other moves with his right hand, the power can block any move as well as break any sort of shield, which is why the fight is brilliant.

Accelerator is the strongest esper in the city, he can manipulate vectors meaning he can stop damn near any force going towards him without having to do anything (which was explored in another series as when he was a kid playing with other kids, if they tried to push him they would break their arm instead) he has never lost a fight and due to this he has never had to try to win any fights. He literally does very little and wins fight all the time.

The fight starts due to an experiment to see if Accelerator killed 20,000 clones of the third strongest esper, he could become a theoretical Level 6. Touma finds out about this and tries to stop it (since he becomes friends with one of the clones and doesn't want her to die). One of my favourite things about the fight is that Touma to Accelerator is a nobody. He just came out of nowhere and told Accelerator to stop the fight to fight him.

During the fight Touma escapes death narrowly and Accelerator compliments the fact he has lived this long. He then goes in for the final kill, but is stopped by a swift punch by Touma, he then continues to pummel him until he jumps away confused at the fact. As he walks away Touma follows him and tells him that he's physically weak and he's never been in a fist fight before. He then wonders "WHO THE HELL IS THIS KID?" (which is my favourite part of the whole fight. He is literally a nobody who is destroying the strongest esper in the city)

Sadly the fight is ruined by Accelerator as he then tries to destroy the world by manipulating the atmosphere in the sky and the fight comes to a complete halt and for the next five minutes, the clones (who can manipulate electricity) go to all the wind turbines in the city and turn them in the opposite direction to stop Accelerator from manipulating the atmosphere. In the end, Touma just punches him and they're both knocked out from the fight.

I do love this fight so much, and probably prefer the fight in Railgun S more than in the original Index Arc.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Mon May 11, 2015 10:44 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

One of my favorite scenes in Fairy Tail is the very first casting of the Fairy Law spell. The music creates a very tense atmosphere, the caster is flooding with magical power, and the voice acting, both English and Japanese, did a really good job of making the spell sound incredibly epic.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4