View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Favorite Scenes in Anime(no videos) 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Favorite Scenes in Anime(no videos)
It's about time we get a thread like this up. Anime always has it's epic moments, even those with no actual fights in it like Dragonball Z. Which ones do you like the most? And like the title says, I want this to be a discussion thread, not a 'post video and critique' thread, because A: That's been done several times now and B: It's difficult to find specific scenes due to copyright laws. Happy sharing! ^_^

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:44 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Scenes in Anime(no videos)
The fight between Naruto and Sasuke in Naruto. I am talking about the one the lasted through three episodes. I will admit that the use of a flashback during a fight scene was daring to say the least but it helped out in the long run. In my opinion at least. And I am not talking about Shippuden. I am talking about just Naruto, the original series and not the one that takes place a few years later. I will admit that I couldn't get into Shippuden but probably because it was never on TV. That said though the fight between Naruto and Sasuke was an amazing one and it sticks out in my mind as one of the most memorable fight scenes I have ever seen in an anime.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
The fight between Naruto and Sasuke in Naruto. I am talking about the one the lasted through three episodes.

I may be remembering wrong, but that fight lasted 7 episodes at least if I recall correctly. It lasted through 3 issues of the manga, one of them being 80% flashbacks. That's just insane. I did enjoy that fight nevertheless, and who knows? I may try watching the rest of Naruto at some point.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:00 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I think I will bring up a scene from Casshern Sins. A series which I just finished off a couple of months ago. This series is only 24 episodes long from what I remember which really helped me stick through with the series to the end. If I had to choose a certain scene from this anime I would probably choose the scene where Casshern fights off with Dio. Other scenes that stick quite well with me are the ones where Casshern fights off hordes of robots and rips them apart bit by bit.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Of course I'm going to go with the most predictable scene you'd hear from me: the potato chip scene from Death Note, where Light fabricates an alibi while still writing in the Death Note with security cameras around.
"Just watch me, L. I'll solve equations with my right hand, and write names with my left. I'll take a potato chip...AND EAT IT!!!!! :evil: "

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I am just going to go ahead and talk about the part in the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Where Yugi is dueling Kaiba for the first time and he manages to get out Exodia the Forbidden One and win the duel. EXODIA, OBLITERATE!!! Another memorable scene from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! would have to be when Weavil takes a look at Yugi's five pieces of Exodia and rips them to shreds and throws them off the boat into the water. I just have to say that Yu-Gi-Oh! Was a part of my childhood and it still makes me proud to watch it to this day.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I have little to no memories of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. Most of them have been replaced by the abridged series, but you can't blame me. Those videos are hilarious. The best I can remember is Yugi's friends pulling off some giant Deus Ex Machina to stop Pegasus from reading Yugi's mind. Man, anime has a lot of Deus Ex Machinas.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

The fight between Rock Lee and Kimimaro in the original Naruto. Watching Lee fight back at full health was quite the show but what really made this fight was Lee being drunk. The drunken fist. Quite effective. Kimimaro's transformation was quite awesome as well. Oh and Gaara took over the fight as well and totally kicked Kimimaro's ass. I cant remember the fight all that well but I believe Lee was on the verge of losing and then Gaara stepped in and took the fight from there.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Father swallowing God in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Seeing him absorb every soul in the country and calling forth God along with the epic Latin chorus is just breathtaking. Easily one of the best scenes in overall anime.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

The scene where Casshern fights Sophita in Casshern Sins sticks out somewhat well with me. We only see Sophita in one episode but the show manages to make you actually care and feel where the character is coming from. This is another thing I love about this series. It does not really have any funny and off put moments and is a much more serious and emotional type of anime. In general though Casshern Sins is an anime I highly recommend if you are an anime fan.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next