View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Strangest things in animes 

iPunch stuff

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Every non serious Gintama episode ever is the weirdest thing ever.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:15 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Strangest things in animes
Every single episode of Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo. Do I even to say how there's anything weird about an afro guy taking on an empire with his 5 ft long nose hairs?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Not sure if this counts as strange or not but I will mention it anyways. In Squid Girl/Shinryaku! Ika Musume, there is this one episode where Squid Girl picks up math without any problems and starts solving math problems with ease. With no past experience with math! Yeah a little strange but seeing as how she isn't human it makes some sense but still how can a squid girl pick up math so easily? I will post a picture below to give you a little idea of how it looks. There is also an episode where Squid Girl is seen shaving off her tentacles. I don't even know why but it is definitely one of those WTF moments. I will also post a picture of that below as well. Enjoy!

Spoiler HTML code

What the squid is Math?

Spoiler HTML code

Shaving off my own tentacles!

And there you have it! Sorry I just had to go ahead and post some screens from the anime as it helps give you a better idea as to what I am talking about. If you like comedy and slice of life anime then I highly recommend Squid Girl. Oh and if you just like Squids in general then you might love it just as much as I do but really the only way you can tell if you'll like it is if you watch it for yourself!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:16 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
The intro to this particular OVA of Hellsing Ultimate. This was actually the scene that motivated me to make this thread. You'll know when it ends so I won't bother putting up an end time, but the weirdness starts right off the bat. I do wonder how much crack went into this episode...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOj8p1I2VDw

Sorry, it's blocked here in the U.S. Oh well. One particular thing I should mention in Bobobo is how a pacifist fights: by asking you questions about peace and if they're answered incorrectly, you have to talk to a machine gun instead.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Hmm... I am not sure what to say to this thread but I always find it a bit awkward when a character starts to become obsessive with another character. An example of this would be from Squid Girl when Sanae, who is female by the way, develops a sort of crush on Squid Girl. Whats even weirder is that Sanae sort of becomes a masochist due to Squid Girl attacking her due to her trying to get intimate with her. Of course there are other things such as this in other anime, but I was just using this one as an example.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:14 pm
Profile WWW

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I've yet to watch Gundam Age but it just might be the first in the series where the Gundam pilot is only 14 years old. I don't know much about the Gundam franchise but I am pretty damn sure that this is the first time we have ever seen such a young pilot in the series. What even makes this stranger is that Gundam Age in itself at first glance looks very light hearted but it seems that it would have some dark moments as well mainly with aliens invading and wrecking shit up. This is a first in the series I believe where aliens play an integral role in the plot and story. Not all that strange but I think it is worth mentioning.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Most of the Naruto episodes from the filler episodes.(episode 135-220 if memory serves correctly) From insane curry to killing people with your own heart, it gets strange, especially once you realize there's no reason for any of these episodes to exist! :evil:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

In the Gundam series there are these things called Haro which are basically little robotic companions. They don't appear abundantly in the series but they are present. What makes the Haro strange is that they seem to feel a little bit out of place in the series due to their weird personalities. I guess you could call them comedians of sorts. I haven't watched much of the Gundam series but the Haro are strange considering the serious tone of the franchise.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

This might be cheating a bit since it was originally a game, but there was a Disgaea anime that did have some changes. Probably the most notable one is seeing Laharl with a long-lost sister. Laharl is way too prideful to even care about finding new siblings, but he actually warms up to her!!! =O I can tell with what they were going with considering that Laharl is supposed to learn about love, but the awkward levels were pretty high in that episode!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]