View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Nostalgia Cartoons/Anime 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Now you might be thinking what I mean by Nostalgia Cartoons/Anime. Some of you might understand what I mean by this but I will explain anyways. What are some cartoons or anime that you have a lot of fond memories of? You know like childhood cartoons or anime. I will list some of mine as examples just to give you an idea. Some of mine include Beyblades, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Xiaolin Showdown, etc. Basically shows that are animated that you have lots of fond memories of. Whatever they are feel free to list them here.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Nostalgia Cartoons/Anime
Twist wrote:
Xiaolin Showdown was also a bit of fun. I liked making up other Shen Gong Wu (or however the Christ it's spelled) and it had a good mix of fun childishness but a pretty cool plot too. It was good. Good shows. :D

Same here. ^_^ One of the few shows on Cartoon Network that was good at the time, alongside with Code Lyoko and Teen Titans.(excluding Toonami) My friends and I would sometimes pretend to have Xiaolin Showdowns ourselves.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Never knew that there was a couple of people on here who have seen Xiaolin Showdown. Great thing I decided to bring it up in the opening post huh? That was a great show and I even have to admit that it had a lot of unique qualities to it especially when it came to the animation and art style. I also stated in the opening post that Beyblade is a show I have a lot of fond memories of. I will even admit that I had a lot of the toy Beyblades as well. My personal favorite was Dragoon, Tyson's Beyblade. Either way, with Beyblade I have a lot of good memories with the show as well as the toys. I even dressed up as Tyson for Halloween once back in elementary school. Now that was a lot of fun.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Pinky and the Brain is somewhat nostalgic to me. I remember seeing it as a little kid but there were only three things I remembered: the plot, the theme song which will never leave your head, and one episode. I also remember seeing one episode of Animaniacs at the time, but I didn't find it anywhere near as funny as I do now.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Dare I say it but South Park is a show I watched a decent amount of when I was a child. My parents said it was okay to watch this show. Cant remember exactly why they let me watch it but whatever. South Park is still a show I have a lot of respect for as it never gets old and the ideas behind even the newest episodes are fresh and creative.

But really I think I will mention another show that I have a few memories of as well. That being Beast Wars. Basically Transformers but instead of being able to transform into vehicles, they transform into beasts and animals. One of my favorite characters of this show would have to be Inferno, the ant Predacon. I also really liked Megatron, especially the one where he is a dragon instead of a dinosaur. I even had a lot of the toys from this series as well but I will admit that I really don't have any of them anymore mainly because I always lost the parts that went with them. All in all though, Beast Wars was a really interesting take on the Transformers series.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:08 pm
Profile WWW

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, Ed Edd n Eddy was pretty messed up in its own right looking back at it now. Anyways, one show I was quite fond of back in the day was Fairly OddParents. There where quite a few Nickelodeon shows that I enjoyed such as SpongeBob SquarePants, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, and others I cant think at the moment but the fact still remains that I really liked Fairly OddParents back in the day. I will admit it was quite unique in it's own right and it still is to this day. Apparently they made a live action movie of Fairly OddParents... Now that just seems so strange. All in all though, most Nickelodeon shows have their hilariously stupid but funny moments and Fairly OddParents had quite a lot.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Nickelodeon is going downhill just like Cartoon Network. I've heard good things about the new Avatar show, but I don't feel like checking it out. What stuns me is STILL ON, with a FAIRY DOG, but Danny Phantom, a show about a teenager with incredible ghost powers, wasn't able to survive!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

True that! Oh another show came to my mind. This one is anime related. SD Gundam Force. It was a show about chibi Gundams which was pretty sweet. Even crazier though, the Gundams where the size of humans and they had minds of their own and were not piloted. SD actually stands for super deformed. If I had to choose a favorite out of the three SD Gundams featured in this series then it would have to be Zero. Don't know exactly why I liked this one but I did. It is sad but I don't remember much of this series. I even had to look up on Google to see the subtitle of the series. It was back in 2004 when I got into this series so of course there is going to be a lot of brain fog.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm
Profile WWW

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
Beyblades,

Someone else who's heard of it? Seriously? I'd start going on about Kyoya now if I wasn't doubting you seriously watched that...
Anyway, I'm about to make you all facepalm. Dora the explorer. It really does get too much abuse sometimes. Those stars are awesome. I loved them. :P :rave:

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Code Lyoko is something I should definitely revisit sometime. It had an interesting world, characters I remember liking, but what intrigued me the most was it used 2D and 3D animation. I thought that was pretty cool at the time.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next