View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Cats or Dogs 

What do you prefer? Cats or dogs?
Cats 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Dogs 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7

Cats or Dogs 

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I promise, gang, this will not be the beginning of a barrage of silly threads. :P It's a legitimate question, and one that it is deserving of discussion. Of the two primary household companions -- cats and dogs -- which one is truly deserving of the title "man's best friend?"

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:55 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Cats or Dogs
Too easy: cats. Twist pretty much explained why, and on top of that, mine actually follows commands just as much as a dog. I'm not kidding! He'll actually sit and roll over if you tell him to! :lol:

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:07 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Honestly, I would have to say both. With dogs there are a lot of variety in the breeds with different features such as size and proportion while cats are more limited. Small dogs are cute while big dogs are just more interesting and suit the term "Dog" more. Cats are great as well because they are just, well there... Both animals come to you whenever they feel like it but I really cant choose a personal favorite between the two because both have their differences that make up for one and the other. Dogs are just great though because they are loyal and make really great companions. Cats are great because they are quiet (Most of the time...) and you can practically get a cat for free these days.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Dogs, I'm allergic to cats :/

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Both. I used to prefer dogs, but then i got to know a couple cats well and now i cant favor one over the other. Really, i just love any animal.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Cats don't require attention. Cats don't jump on you. Cats don't have to go for any walks. Cats aren't disgusting. Oh shiet, I think I figured out what animal I prefer.

I'm lazy if you haven't already figured that out. Might as well take the pet that doesn't take precious time from you.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Xytox wrote:
Cats don't require attention. Cats don't jump on you.

Mine does. It's rather hilarious.
Xytox wrote:
Cats don't have to go for any walks.

We actually tried to take my cat for a walk because he desperately wanted to go outside, but the harness wouldn't fit because he's too fat.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:20 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Xytox wrote:
Cats don't require attention. Cats don't jump on you.

They do and they do. I am seriously questioning what kind of cat you have if it never jumped on you before. Seriously, cats always want attention and jump up where you are sitting from time to time as well. At least my cats do. I stated this before that I like both cats and dogs but saying that cats don't jump on you really makes me question what you mean exactly. I know each cat is different but maybe the reason why my cats want attention is because one of them is a tabby.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Xytox wrote:
Cats don't jump on you.

One of our cats waits until my dad is standing by the table in the living room talking on the phone and makes a leap of faith from the arm of the sofa onto his shoulders. Okay, maybe it doesn't hurt, but it stares the life outta him. Very funny too. Also, dogs can be trained to not jump on people, whereas cats... Cats do whatever the hell they want.

I've long debated and have yet to come to a conclusion over whether I am a dog person or a cat person. Some times I like dogs more, some times I like cats more. I've had both a dog and cats as pets. When I'm visiting a friend's house, both dogs and cats just gravitate towards me. Honestly, I think it depends entirely on the individual animal. I prefer cats over little dogs, because I always worry about stepping on little dogs (Not so much cats, because you step on them once and they generally realize that lying on the floor is a stupid idea). But I prefer dogs over some persnickety cats because I don't see the point in having a pet that wishes you didn't exist... Also, I'd like to have a dog to walk. Y'know. Provided the weather isn't too miserable and I end up with a bedraggled mutt running about my house and making it smell like wet dog...

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I had two cats, but they're both dead now.

One of them, if you even just touched him, your hands would end up in pieces. You were not allowed to do anything to that cat except feed him, which was awesome. He acted like a king, and that's how I like it.

The other one just chilled around, never cared for anything really. You could do whatever you wanted with him, and he would just roll with it. Put shades in front of his eyes? He would go around with it without even realizing they were there.

They never craved attention, and you never had to spend time with them if you didn't want to.

I've never had a dog, but I doubt one could end up as better pet than those cats.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]