View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Majora's Mask clock wideget for Android and iOS 

Sir Robsworth of Beeches.

Forumite

Forumite

Post Majora's Mask clock wideget for Android and iOS
I've been using the Majora's Mask Clock widget on my android devices for a while now and I love it! However, when it came to having to replace my device, the widget no longer worked properly.

After some time I decided to contact the developer and see what he could do (or if he was in fact still working on it) The email conversation below will just about explain everything -

Quote:
Hello,

I love your Majora's Mask Clock widget for Android and have enjoyed using it for several months now and as described by other users: "-is a must have for any Majora's Mask fan". However, unfortunately I had to replace my device several months ago and the sounds for the widget no longer play on my new device (EE Kestrel). Hopefully there's a bug or glitch that can be fixed in the next or upcoming updates, so that I might be able to enjoy the widget fully as intended.

Best of luck finding/fixing the problem and with your future projects! Thanks for taking the time to read my message.

R.N.

The Develper Replied within a few days with the following email which I was delighted to receive -

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. :-)

There are a couple of things you might wanna check to get sounds working. Be sure you're hitting OK to actually apply the settings (sometimes people totally blank on that). Try a single sound (e.g. the clock movement sound) and turn your volume up all the way for media and for notifications (on newer Android versions it does some weird fade-in sometimes in my and other apps; haven't figured out how to not do this). If all that doesn't fix it, a simple restart shouldn't make a difference, but sometimes it does, lol.

Otherwise, I'll be looking into your specific device to see if there's anything I might need to change on my end.

Thanks for letting me know. :-)

Now just today I was ecstatic to receive a follow up email regarding the issues I had been having with the widget on my device, his email is as follows -

Quote:
I just wanted to let you know I think I have found the fix for this bug, and I'm testing it now. I'm pretty confident that I've found the problem, and if I'm right, I should have an update within the next day. :)

Thanks for your patience. Let me know if the problem still exists after this.

Cheers,

I guess this little experience shows that it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]