View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:53 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Issues with Motion Control: SS, please help! 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Post Issues with Motion Control: SS, please help!
Ok so I'm going a little insane here. About a week ago I purchased Skyward Sword and a Wii Motion +, and every control worked like a dream, up until right around when I got the Goddess Harp.

Every swing control and almost all gestures work, except for some reason the climbing leaps stopped working suddenly. I can't leap up ladders, I can't leap on wall vines, etc. I've tried everything I can think of to correct this. I've moved the sensor bar, recalibrated the remote many, many times, reset the Wii Motion + entirely, reset the Wii twice, replaced the batteries (even though they were close to full), tried every gesture imaginable, looked online on multiple threads where people have had a similar issue, and no solution fixes mine. I even tried playing left and right handed. (as a lefty I thought maybe some calibration issue happened at first, because some of my motions don't register well considering the game is designed for right-handed people. Even using it right-handed, I had no luck.) As said, I know how to vine-jump and leap on ladders. I've done it flawlessly throughout the rest of the game. But suddenly it refuses to work, and I literally cannot progress in the game until this gets fixed.

Any ideas?

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Issues with Motion Control: SS, please help!
pull the beetle out, point at the center of the screen and press down on the d pad. its because the motion plus sucks

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

It's definitely calibrated correctly, but I'll give that a shot anyway. As said, I've had all of zero issues with it so far. It's worked mostly wonderfully for me, even left-handed. But suddenly the climbing leaps refuse to work.

It's not a save-file corruption, either. I just made a new game specifically to see if the Goddess Harp glitched it out, and it won't work there, either. Which I'm relieved about, actually, because I would have been pissed if it were save file related.

Edit: Yeah, the beetle didn't work. It's calibrated perfectly fine. Bleh :/

Fixed it! I used my other Wiimote. Maybe the remote itself glitched up.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I was going to say, that sounds like an issue with either the remote or the motion plus itself. The motion plus unit sounds like such a bother, it seems like almost everyone has had problems with it. I have the wiimote with motion plus built in and it seemed to work just fine :/

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, it looks like the Motion Plus is fine though, so I dunno if there's actually something up with my remote now or something went weird and it stopped registering it... hopefully temporarily, although the remote works fine otherwise, so it's not a huge deal. I just hope it doesn't happen again. I only have 2 Wiimotes -__-

I'm glad I figured it out, although I feel bad making a full-topic for an issue I solved shortly after posting this. At least it's public if other people have this issue in the future, lol.

I dunno, it's really easy to recalibrate it. It's not a horrible adapter, it's just not perfect. The tech is a bit ambitious, but at least it usually works, and it's amazingly fun when it does.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I don't have too much to add to this other than I have heard people having problems with Motion Plus in Skyward Sword. I've played through all 45 hours and never once have I had problems with anything.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Ugh, the motion control plus. I detested that thing so much. :x i hope nintendo never does that agian.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:57 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]