View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Webcomics! 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: Kent, England, Great Britain, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way.
Do you like webcomics? I like webcomics, and if you hadn't by now sussed that that was probable, please invest in a dunce cap.

This thread is for you to post links and information about your favourite webcomics, and tell all your fellow wmbers about them. Just post a link and a little information (and a sample if the owners aren't copyright trolls! [please put those in the spoiler tags, saves on space.] ). For anything potentially rude or offensive, please place it in a spoiler box, with some information about the offensive material. That said, please don't post at all if it is particularly graphic, or has 'adult themes'.

Kevin&Kell

Kevin and Kell A nice, cheerfull comic about the unlikely marriage of a wolf and a rabbit, almost completely clean, with only the odd innuendo here and there. Though generally straight and species-based (multiplication speed of rabbits, the *enormous* ears of fennec foxes etc...) humour, it does deal with serious issues in an abstract way. Story arcs tend to last just over a year. Updates every day.

GPF

General Protection Fault Geeky. Very geeky. GPF is about the employees of 'General Protection Fault' an isp. There is a lot of tech-humour, and the comic is well known for its epic story arcs, which can go on for five years or more. One of the best on the web, in my opinion. Follows a MonWedFri update schedule.

Faux Pas

Faux Pas Follows the life of a red fox named Randy and his friends, who live in a barn and, ostensibly, are animal actors. This is pretty much far on the 'cute' end of the spectrum, though children certainly wouldn't understand the greater part of it. Very much recommended for fans of television programs such as 'The Animals of Farthing Wood'. Humorous, usually stemming from the different characters vastly different outlooks.

Spoiler HTML code

xkcd

Spoiler HTML code

xkcd sample

Help Desk

Help Desk
This one covers the computing industry in general, with a focus on a slightly exaggerated version of Microsoft; Übersoft. The jokes are generally digs at one of the major computing companies, or a humorous commentary on the current state of affairs.
Spoiler HTML code

Help Desk Sample

Freefall

Freefall
Freefall is a sci-fi comic that follows the adventures of the crew of the 'Savage Chicken', Sam Starfall, an alien squid-like being in a humanoid enviro-suit, his naïve robot buddy Helix, robot, and -the main focus- the engineer Florence, a (anthropomorphic) 'Bowman's wolf'. The comic is fairly silly in nature, and, for the fifteen years of its existence, has mainly followed one story arc. MonWedFri schedule.
Spoiler HTML code

Freefall sample

Spoiler HTML code

By the Saints

Spoiler HTML code

BTS sample

i
Wiggle wiggle wiggle go the tongues of the organs
Licking the face of the man they call old
His hands have seen many an organ.
And his face many a tongue.
I need a rhyme to finish this off.
Or I could be edgy, not rhyme and be bold.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I like certain VG cats ^_^ they cuss sometimes, but its just parodies about video games except they're all cats... grey humanoid cat things. Still, there are some good LOZ ones on there too! :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Webcomics!
Only one we haven't chatted about here before is Faux Pas, which I'll say is pretty cute. Something to do when I just can't take any more chemistry.

I'll add a couple of my own, if that's OK.

Dead Philosophers In Heaven

Sheer humour; is about what it sounds like it's about. If you don't know who De Sade is, it really doesn't matter. The humour is decently far-reaching, and pivots around making fun of the poor reader who has actually read and understood Nietzsche's stuff. Lots of low-brow humour. Nothing that can really be called art. Shitloads of sacrilege. Basically, it's amazing.

Spoiler HTML code

God is an epic troll.

Hipster Hitler

Topical. Witty. Offensive. What else could you want in a webcomic? Again, quite literally, Hitler as a hipster. Really doesn't get much simpler than that. Which I guess is ironic or something.

Spoiler HTML code

Oh, and Stalin's there too.

the secret knots

Time for something less humorous. the secret knots is still funny, in certain bits, but it's mostly like a visual/textual hallucinogenic stimulant. Or depressant. It does something to your brain that's probably illegal. It always reminds me of Neil Gaiman, actually, in that it's sort of an abstract/magical aspect of our reality. We can read the stuff, and be like, "Man, there's this musician who can invoke physical sensation with music, that is FUCKED UP," but on the flip side, if we consider this concept for even a moment, who hasn't experienced such a thing? Who couldn't imagine it? On top of this incredible power, the art is phenomenal. Unfortunately, it's not updated very often at all, but do check it out.

Spoiler HTML code

What if life had a walkthrough?

Peter and Company

P&C is a comic that should be updated weekly but isn't because the artist is a jerk. It's humorous, but also can be quite poignant. Think of Calvin & Hobbes. And indeed, it's about an (anthropomorphic animal) kid with a not-so-imaginary friend - something of a guardian angel. Lulz ensue, as do some pretty great character. Just read it.

Spoiler HTML code

Very Calvin & Hobbes.

Lackadaisy

Saved my favourite for last. Anthropomorphic cats in prohibition-era St Louis, running an, uh, "establishment", and all the trimmings that go with. It's got everything: amazing artistic style, as can be seen from even the smallest preview; amazing characters, each unique and lovable (or despicable, depending); some of the funniest scenes I've ever seen on the internet (I couldn't stop loling at the comic below), and really, writing that makes me ashamed of my own. Just a little. I can't believe such a thing is available for free, myself.

Spoiler HTML code

Meet Rocky and Freckle.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 am
Profile WWW

Resident Androgynous Grouch

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

As I prefer to limit myself to keeping up with 2 web-comics at once (I'm too busy for any more).
I'm currently keeping my eyes on Lackadaisy and Kevin & Kell...

From Pudabudigada: Kevin & Kell. I've just started thanks to this topic and I appreciate it's humor... It seems to have plenty of webcomics released so it will give me something to do for awhile... It's a guaranteed laugh if you understand the main characters' situations... Very charming.
Some of the internet based jokes I don't understand, but most of them are forum related so that's not common...

From Yitik: Lackadaisy. I've already finished reading what's available on this site, but darn it I don't want to take my eyes off it! If you appreciate good storytelling half as much as I do and haven't looked at this... you should be ashamed of yourself...
You'll find yourself in my situation with this comic relatively quickly since it doesn't posses the sheer number of comics as some of the others... But it's not exactly a "small" amount... Then again, what do I know?

Ty both for these... I'll look into more when I can find the time...

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:59 am

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

:lol: Yitik... you made me look at the Lackadaisy Cats thing and i read all the way through it! I wanna look at those other ones now. Is Kevin and Kell good?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I didn't want to go into detail as I was worried that I might be sealing the "thunder" (if you will) from Yitik/Puda...
So I hope it won't be a problem if I talk about Kevin & Kell...
As far as I've seen, Kevin & Kell is a webcomic that is similar to the lines of comic strips such as Garfield... It focuses mostly on dry humor and puns relating to the parenting world, online world, and the animal kingdom. Occasionally it steps into romance and a small amount of drama, but so far it's not designed specifically to be a story so much as something you'd read in the Sunday paper... It does follow events in a way, but they tend to be quickly tied up and get back to the humor...

If your looking for something along the lines of Lackadaisy this is not it...
If your looking for a nice chuckle and you relate to a few of the things I mentioned above then I would recommend giving it a shot...

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Have you read all the stuff in the gallery too, UR? Some pretty lulzy one-shots in there. Containing Mordecai. Oh yeah.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:02 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I've read those. I liek Lackadaisy butteryfly :hyper: Freckle is so cute when he's little! And, my favorite character is announced as Viktor! ^_^

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I have... I bled it dry...
It looks like a lot of work to make so much detail into every panel, I hope she doesn't start to sacrifice the quality for the sake of the deadline?

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

She's been going for years. And doesn't have a deadline. Quality isn't going down anytime soon.

And yeah, Freckle is adorable no matter what. Even when he's going insane. I can't really choose a favourite, myself ... Freckle is way too bloody cute, and his (usual) lack of any oddity helps anchor the comic. Rocky is amazing for the complete opposite reason. But I really like Mordecai, as well. A is for Amygdala.

WHAT DO I DO???

Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next