View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Webcomics! 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Haha, Freckles crazy mode was so funny... I mean, just his expression. And Rockys smile makes me laugh :lol: "There! The one with the eyebrows!" -quote scary pig farmer man, I believe his name was Arvil...?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:18 am

Here today, Maybe tomorrow...

Bearer of the Triforce

Bearer of the Triforce

Post Re: Webcomics!
I'll throw a few of them that I subscribe to in here. Don't ask for in depth explanations though seeing as I suck hard at them. Also forgive me in advance for looking at webcomics surrounding my interests.

1. Blazen!

Blazen is a Blazblue sprite parody. Basically the formula for it is this: Take in game sprites and put them together. Think up witty parodies and stereotypes for the humor part. Insert captions with the dialouge. GOOD TO GO! Of course to really understand the humor in it all it helps to have a background knowledge of Blazblue. But some actually take little Backgroun Knowledge to understand
Spoiler HTML code

Blazen!

2. Rascals
Rascals is a Romance/Slice of Life Webcomic featuring Furries. The art style is something to gape at and the story is very well written. Even more surprisingly for the calibur of the art and the story, it is updated regularly.

http://rascals.petitesymphony.com/

3. ZeldaComic
If I need to give you an explanation for this one ON THIS FORUM I am RQ'ing the internet. But in case anyone's too dimwitted to figure it out let's put a synopsis out here (because I like my internets): Sprites + LoZ humor + other ninty cameos = entertaining webcomic

Spoiler HTML code

ZeldaComic

4. Misfile
Misfile is a gender-bender webcomic based around the ideology of Angels keep everyone's life on file. If something is put away wrong or a page goes missing, that person's life is affected save for the fact that everyone else continues living as if nothing happened. I literally put down days of my life reading this one due to the story. My only complaint is that the art isn't up to par.

http://www.misfile.com/

5. VGCats/Super Effective!
An infamous webcomic, if you're like me this is the first one you came across. Normally I would put up a summary but a synopsis will do here, Video Game playing cats + parodies + more parodies + Pokemon + more parodies + sporadic updates = VG cats

Super effective = that same equation - the Video game playing cats.

http://www.vgcats.com/

6. Nuzlocke

The history of a Nuzlocke is deep man, basically it's like Pokemon only harder. You're supposed to bond with your Pokemon while playing the game and if they faint at all. They die. Oh and you can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in an area. Some people who do this Batshit insane challenge like to draw as they go along and put humor into it so that other people can enjoy their adventures. Nuzlocke comics don't have a single artist that draws them nor a single website but the main site is here

http://www.nuzlocke.com

7. Awkward Zombie

WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT? ANOTHER GAMING PARODY!!!! AZ is a comic featuring all games that the author plays not unlike VGcats. The majority of her work is Pokemon however. Instead of telling you more I'll just show you two.
Spoiler HTML code

Yeah, Very much not unlike VGcats

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:35 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Man, why did I missed the one with Samus munching Marth's arm? I seriously laughed my ass off with that one.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: Kent, England, Great Britain, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way.
Couple of new ones to add.

BitF
BitF, or 'Brawl in the Family' is a Nintendo/Smash Brothers themed comic. There is no standard joke type, and strips can be one-off or part of short series of ~4-10 strips. Updates at least once a week.
Spoiler HTML code

BitF

Mynarski Forest This is another comic with psuedo-anthro animals (i.e: they talk, but are, for all intents and purposes, still animals). Essentially a comic form of Looney Tunes, with a similar art style and humour basis (slapstick). This one is about a vixen and a rabbit who form a hunting team together, despite both being utterly useless. Currently on hiatus, but with a large(ish) archive.

i
Wiggle wiggle wiggle go the tongues of the organs
Licking the face of the man they call old
His hands have seen many an organ.
And his face many a tongue.
I need a rhyme to finish this off.
Or I could be edgy, not rhyme and be bold.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Pretty much all the ones already shown by Shotaku and Pudabudigada
are webcomics I like so there's only one other series I can think about and that is Amazing Super Powers.http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/

Its pretty much a comic series parodying everyday things. There's allot of pop culture references here and there really funny. The look of the comic is really funny to, just the way the characters designs are are pretty hilarious. I'd probably never had gotten into the series if not for this one comic witch literally made me burst out with laughing and that was this...

Spoiler HTML code

Unsinkable

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Webcomics are fun. In fact, I've made a few myself! I'll try to find them.

MRUS

Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Vault Dweller

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

http://www.megatokyo.com/

Surprised that no one had linked to this. Megatokyo is perhaps one of the most well known web comics out there; originally started as a gaming-based web comic (original, at least back then) in 2000, it's evolved over the years into a romance/slice-of-life (well, specifically after Rodney Caston, co-creator, left after chapter 2 due to creative differences). There's still video game stuff thrown in from time-to-time and it's generally a well-written, if very slowly updated, series. Your Mileage May Vary, however.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Coupla' new ones.

Evil inc.

What's better than normal evil? Corporate, legal evil! Not really, but it's certainly funnier. Evil inc. is about, as the name most cleverly suggests, a company run by super-villains. The humour is often of a setup-setup-aversion style, with well known phrases twisted to suit a purpose, or more standard fare. There are long running story arcs, with good characters and writing. The comic became very good full colour a few years ago, and does very well for it, the art is of a high standard.

Spoiler HTML code

Evil inc.

Little Tales.
Little Tales is a slice of life comic with (you guessed it!) anthropomorphic animal characters. The humour is often based on a humorous look at real life, or internet culture. It updates with a normal strip Monday and Friday, with a comic adaptation of a novel called 'The Man Who Was Tuesday' every Wednesday. The art style is similar to newspaper comic-strips (high contrast black and white, 'dot matrix printer' type shading). Apart from, obviously, the Wednesday strips, there are no story arcs, just one-shot gags. Loses points for not being called 'Little Tails'.

Spoiler HTML code

Little Tales

i

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Gene Catlow
Anthros, again. :p This is a story driven comic about a world inhabited by anthropomorphic animals (referred to in-story rather more simply as 'Furries') and humans, and problems therein, with a focus in tight character development. A tad fantastical, and good characterisation. Art style is simple, but does the job very nicely.

Doc Rat
This is about a Doctor, who is a rat. Obviously. Tends to be one-shot gags, with a few short stories of several strips. The humour is usually medical, but not in any way esoteric.

Count Your Sheep
This is about a young girl, her mother, and their oddly corporeal shared imaginary friend. It is very cute and fluffy, and very funny, being based often on the classic 'scenario-setup-punchline/aversion' model, or single panel gags. Feature short stories now and again. Art is... very blue, and improved nicely as the strip has gone along

i

Tue May 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Webcomics!
Dr McNinja

You like doctors? You like ninjas? You like trochees? Really, this is a hilarious and actually really witty and well-drawn comic. Absurdism up the ASS. Generally awesome.

Spoiler HTML code

Look

...kinda like that.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next