View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Homestuck 

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Reimeille wrote:
LightWorldMidna wrote:
When it first came about a friend of mine told to to steer clear of it... And I have to say I've complied. Unfortunately the only bit I've really seen is the fandom side and... Well, it's a little off putting at least. From what I've heard it's rather (enter basically any word)-ist (not that I'm saying I definitely agree), I certainly am not persuaded to give it a read.

That's everyone's main problem. I understand not liking it just because it's not your thing, but majority of the time it's "the fandom is annoying". Unless what you're reading is literally the fandom, I don't think they should have any input in your decision.

Oh, no no, that last bit is what I've heard of the comic itself, not the fandom. Heck, the Zelda fandom can be a bit ass-ish, too. Chances are it's not true, but hey...

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Homestuck
Reimeille wrote:
how come everything with you is either xenogears, legend of dragoon, or chrono cross lmao

Because I'm a jRPG fanboy. It's in my nature. :P

Reimeille wrote:
It's full of paradoxes and the destruction and rebuilding of universes, it can't really be explain by just saying "a hundred years ago this one thing happened".

Xenogears was released all at once, for one game. Everything was thought out, and put on the disc, only to be given out once everything was done.

Homestuck is a webcomic, a couple pages a day for the last 5 years. It's alot harder to put out info if everything is still in writing as you speak. Plus, most of the stuff getting explained in the comic is plot twists, which you obviously can't just plop into the beginning.

Well, technically that can be explained well, but if it's a webcomic that isn't planned out from the beginning then...yeah, it's not going to be the best writing if it's intended to be extremely complex.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

LightWorldMidna wrote:
Oh, no no, that last bit is what I've heard of the comic itself, not the fandom. Heck, the Zelda fandom can be a bit ass-ish, too. Chances are it's not true, but hey...

By that note, I also don't think that everyone will like it. I don't know what you meant buy "-ist" (do you mean offensive, like sexist or sth??), but the humor definitely is not everyone's cup of tea and even sometimes I find myself going "that was not okay". I don't remember anything trigger-like (I think it was just kinda tasteless), but there is tons of cursing, and it's unavoidable. It doesn't bother me, but of course there's always someone.

Also the art. More recently guest artists have been helping out, making the comic look nicer (like fo' real), but for the first 3 years of it, it's these weird chibi looking sprites that almost stopped me from reading it all the way through. It's still the main art too, unfortunately. The fans have better art than the comic does whoops

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Reimeille wrote:
how come everything with you is either xenogears, legend of dragoon, or chrono cross lmao

Because I'm a jRPG fanboy. It's in my nature. :P

jrpglord12345

-- Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:39 pm --

omegabrand2770 wrote:
oh yeah that reminds me, you cannot, and i promise you, cannot go 5 feet ant Dragon con in atlanta, without seeing one of these guys

And unfortunately, most aren't this good lol weird shaped horns and bottles and bottles of grey bodypaint...

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2