View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Forum rules

CURRENT STATUS: Yitik is BACK! Well, for the most part... But HE'S BACK!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Want Yitik Back -- Mass Mailing 

Eternally with Midna

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Correction, my bad, I texted him... Which as far as I was told costs no more than texting anywhere else. *Hopes my bill doesn't go through the roof* >.<

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:42 am
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Heh, yeah, I hope you're right ;) .

OK guys, you have the remainder of today to get these in, because she's sending it off tomorrow morning, and I will probably not be able to check here until the afternoon. If you were unsure of yourself earlier, you may want to get it together somewhat quickly (looking at you Cariyaga and Legendboy :P ). Just a heads up.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:52 am

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Alright, I already sent part of this to CS in a PM, but here is the whole thing.

It was a couple days ago that I found out that the Justin, whom I had known only as Yitik, had permanently lost his internet... as a punishment from his parents.

I didn't know how to react, I was just terribly upset. To put it in a simple metaphor, there is a hymn in my church which has the line "We are many parts, we are all one body." By this, Justin would probably be our cerebellum. And this would mean we are now left to grope along, trying to make our way by pulling ourselves across individual grains of sand.

Justin has been a bit of a mentor for me, for the brief amount of time I've known him. And as WMB was the only way to talk to him, I feel as if he has been exiled to Nepal.

Want Midna Back may seem like a pointless website to you, as it does to my parents, but it is very important to each of us, especially Justin.

If it has not been made clear that these sites, these people, and this character are truly important to us by the amount of time Justin would normally spend on WMB and MFF, I hope that we make it clear by the pains which we take to try to get Justin back with us. It affects me, two time zones and an international border away; it affects people in England and Wisconsin and Florida and California.

I sincerely hope that you will consider this, and the wishes of everyone on WMB and MFF.

Yours, Odolwa

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:31 am

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Post Re: Want Yitik Back -- Mass Mailing
Yeah, well, I lost this forum. It vanished without a trace recently.

Thanks for the Grovyle sig, DaK! I'm using it at another forum.

Consider anything I say prefaced by IMO.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 pm
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

...Sorry about that, CS... I'm trying here, but it's HARD... I'm not used to send emails to parents. I really wish that Yitik came over here, but I'm kinda neutral - I don't like going against parents. Makes me feel rebel. I'm not rebel.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:19 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

It's alright if you couldn't say anything. The email's already been sent, and I have confirmation that Yitik's mother has definitely received it (not sure if she read it yet, but I do know that she did not delete it on sight). We had plenty of responses in there from both forums, so if it doesn't work for some reason don't go thinking it was your fault for not contributing. As for pissing his parents off, I think it was a risk worth taking judging by the situation, and after seeing some of the well thought out and logical responses some people have given to balance out the gushing, pleading ones (equally important, I believe), I really think this should have a positive effect. Maybe not immediately, but it will definitely get them thinking. Especially because the person who organized this thing, Cutpurse of the MFF, had her mother write something to offer some parental perspective, and I think that might go a long way.

Now, it really would be best if we could begin to put this behind us. Yes, it's a heavy blow, but I'll be damned if the loss of one member is going to bring this thing down. He'll come back eventually, be it sooner or later, but we really can't afford to let his absence derail things. Yitik agrees with this, may I add. I know it may be discouraging, but do not lose heart my fellow WMBers, we have some great members here that can pick up the slack and I fully expect us all to do so. I've noticed this place become very inactive recently, and that just won't do. We still have stuff to accomplish folks, and personally, I miss talking to you guys. I can't keep this place active by myself, unless you want a bunch of really one-sided conversations.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:56 am

Triforce of Courage

Triforce of Courage

Post Re: Want Yitik Back -- Mass Mailing
YES! Our efforts have payed off. Yitik has been given some access back to the internet for now and probably more later. It seems that our email really changed his mom's views. Great job guys.

Because when Kyle says "everything on the internet is free"... he's lying.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:22 am
Profile YIM WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yes indeed, I found out shortly after I posted that. Well, it seems that this had the desired effect, as he's been given limited access to the internet. As Kyle said, good work guys, thanks to all who participated.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

m64m, I believe at this point that's it's not entirely necessary. The effort is appreciated, but him and his mother have already reached some kind of understanding. I think it would probably be best right now for us to leave this be, as our role seems to be over. It's between him and his parents to work out things further, and from the results this email has gotten and how his mother has begun to understand, I think it should all work out fairly well. Now please guys, I know we're all concerned, but I don't want this to completely derail things.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:32 pm

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

centralservices wrote:
m64m, I believe at this point that's it's not entirely necessary. The effort is appreciated, but him and his mother have already reached some kind of understanding. I think it would probably be best right now for us to leave this be, as our role seems to be over. It's between him and his parents to work out things further, and from the results this email has gotten and how his mother has begun to understand, I think it should all work out fairly well. Now please guys, I know we're all concerned, but I don't want this to completely derail things.
I agree fully.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next