View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Usergroups - Now in Technicolor! 

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Usergroups - Now in Technicolor!
OK, they're up. I think I did everything right, but if you see anything that doesn't seem like it should be there, let me know. You can look in your profiles and see what groups you're a part of now; if you see a group that you feel you should be a part of but aren't, let me know about that as well. Not everyone is in a group, only those who have contributed to WMB in some form (i.e. images in the Mass Email, songs, money, etc.)

Anyway, you can Mass PM a group, and the groups look pretty now too. We might do more with them in the future (if you have any ideas, feel free to post them). You also need to be in a usergroup to access the Covert Projects subboard, which isn't used that often, but when it is, it's usually to give some offer to contributors to the WMB initiative.

Administrators
The Administrators are who keep everything running smoothly, from quality control in the forums to behind-the-scenes work on WMB. In short, we own the deed to your existence. Uh...don't ask to become an admin XD . It won't happen until either bizarre circumstances arise, or we become massive.

Former Staff Members
Members who have worked behind the scenes on the site, but have left for various reasons. These users have previously served as Administrators, Global Moderators, and Web Designers. While former admins and moderators have been removed from their groups, they still have the same permissions as an admin or mod.

Global moderators
The mods of the forum keep the place clean. While they don't have the intricate access the admins do, they have the capability to edit and delete posts, warn, and even ban users. Their job is to make sure we look good on the outside, so although they're here to contribute and have fun just like everyone else, make sure you show that extra bit of respect when they're carrying out their modly duties. Glomods are another group you shouldn't ask about joining. If we need someone, we'll find them. Asking about it just shows immaturity and lowers the chance that you'll be chosen to be the next GloMod.

Graphic Artists
Our graphic artists use programs such as Maya or Photoshop to create vivid images and models that we use.
If you want to become a Graphic Artist, you must show proficiency in the area, as well as your ability and willingness to use your skills for the sake of our projects. For instance, creating a Midna model, or giving a consistent stream of varied quality works including wallpapers, banners, and logos. We also have a CafePress shop that you might be able to donate to, and smilies are also nice B) .

Hand Artists
Want Midna Back has a number of proficient sketchers and painters. If they've donated some of their ability to the site and movement, you'll find them here. To become a Hand Artist, like most other groups, you must show that you have abilities that go beyond that of the casual doodler and that you're willing to put those abilities to use for us. A great place to start would be to donate some of your Midna or Legend of Zelda art to our CafePress store, found in the Fan Art section.

Investors
This is the group of people who have donated $10 or more financially to the Want Midna Back movement. Anyone can be a part of this group, but it takes a different kind of fandom altogether to fork out your well-earned cash.
Like the description says, if you wanna be an Investor, you've gotta donate. Check the Donation thread in the Announcements board for details.

Musicians
These are the musically talented members of Want Midna Back, and have contributed using their creativity and skill. WMB is currently working on a couple CDs. Check out the "Compilation CD" thread in Initiatives for more info. If you can help with that, you'll happily be accepted into the Musicians group.

Web Designers
This group is at the heart of the movement. They keep the site running and updated and filled with the content each other group provides. Without them, we'd be a measly compilation in the middle of an ad-ridden host.
We do actually need more Web Designers. Currently, it's just Yadda (who's generally not actually here), and Kyle, who I'm sure would appreciate the help. WMB's site needs a lot of work; we need frames, newsposts, and new sections. We'll soon have music and videos that we'll need to host and upload. If you have experience with web design, by all means, give us a shout!

Writers
Whether it be a few heart-wrenching stanzas, or an explanatory paragraph informing WMB and the fan community alike, there's always more that can be written. That's what this group is for. A lot of people seem to think that the Writers group is the way to easily get on our good side. It's not as simple as writing a poem, though; we only take those who can be considered notorious for their consistently good contributions to our Fan Art section. Writers are trusted to write newsposts on our homepage, and are also our first choice for such projects as the Testimonials. There are many things that need to read impressively, so, like our artists, they never really know what they'll be needed for next.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 15, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Added in Former Staff Members.

Sun May 04, 2008 3:39 am
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Post Re: Usergroups
Maybe Usergroups could have general discussion boards that, while open to view by everyone, are only postable in by the members of the usergroups, like the sage board in NS. Except, for instance, a suggestions thread that's accessible for suggestions from other users. :D

Sun May 04, 2008 4:42 am
Profile WWW

Walking Synthesizer

Walking Synthesizer

Yeah, I agree that making a few boards only accessible to certain usergroups may anger a few people, but then again, the MFF is built on a hierarchy with many boards invisible to the majority of people on the forum. I guess it depends on how personal the new boards should be, if there were a board for musicians where we could post highly WiP stuff away from the non artistic crowd then that could be beneficial, likewise for a donator.

I totally agree with the fancy stuff like colored names and personalized ranks etc. :D

Music Portfolio/Showreel: www.youtube.com/flibster567

Sun May 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Alright, once Yadda gets the new layout up we'll look at what colors would work and which wouldn't, and we'll chat about what groups should have what privelages, so we can keep everything even.

btw, Flib, you're the leader of the musicians usergroup. I haven't tested much out, but I believe that means that you can admit people into that group, and...probably other stuff that I'm not aware of :P . But like everything else, we'll see how it works out.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Tue May 06, 2008 6:20 pm
Profile WWW

Walking Synthesizer

Walking Synthesizer

Yitik wrote:
btw, Flib, you're the leader of the musicians usergroup. I haven't tested much out, but I believe that means that you can admit people into that group, and...probably other stuff that I'm not aware of :P . But like everything else, we'll see how it works out.

Heh, thanks for letting me know Yitik, I only just found that out a few minutes ago through the Usergroup combo box in the control panel. The mass PM system looks pretty good, I'll let you know should I accidentally break anything. :D It's a shame this information isn't displayed anywhere else, but as you said, hopefully when the new theme is added certain alterations could be made.

Music Portfolio/Showreel: www.youtube.com/flibster567

Tue May 06, 2008 6:44 pm
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Actually, it is possible to give all group members a special rank, avatar, name color...even show it at the bottom of the screen in the legend of who's online. Hopefully we can start to make these groups a critical part of the community soon, but it'll really shine when we have more active members.

WHAT DO I DO???

Tue May 06, 2008 11:30 pm
Profile WWW

Which, reminds me, have you tried Ganons Tower? They might support us, in other words, affiliate! They're pretty cool.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:41 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

How did that remind you of a potential affiliate? Ah well...yeah, we have actually tried Ganon's Tower, and they never emailed me back.

WHAT DO I DO???

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:10 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Groups sound fun, and really, if there are boards open only to user group members I dont think people will get that worked up about it. Personally, I wouldn’t really care if a bunch of people from the music group were talking about a song somebody wrote and they want an opinion from another musician on it. I would rather not hear about it actually so I think its an awesome idea.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:14 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, once we get a little bigger, we might have some boards like that. Right now we have the Covert Projects, which only members of a usergroup can get into. But hey, now we have an awesome theme, so maybe I can make things a little more colorful at least :D .

WHAT DO I DO???

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next