View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What happened to the Triforce of Power after TP? 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post What happened to the Triforce of Power after TP?
I've been looking for an answer to this for quite some time but didn't find something definite.
It is obvious that Ganondorf lost it at the end of TP, but where did it go? I don't believe Link had got it, as it would surely have been mentioned in the game if he could have unified two pieces of the Triforce. It might seem possible that Zant somehow stole it from Ganondorf as at some level he had been "present" and able to break Ganondorf's neck. But as Midna could regain her true form and her powers, Zant's and with him Ganon's powers must have faded, so Zant can't be the one who obtained the Triforce of Power neither.

It is said that the Triforce fragments choose their bearers and therefore the Triforce of Power must be evil as it seems to choose evil persons. I dare say this is not true. I believe that in fact, the Triforce of Power didn't choose evil persons because they were evil, but because they were the ones who were striving to gain the ultimate power more than anyone else and they were also the ones who were ruthless enough to actually use such powers at their full potential. Also great powers tend to corrupt even some good people. Something that wisdom and courage don't do, wisdom even prevents people from becoming evil. Ganondorf therefore hadn't obtained the Triforce of Power because of being evil but because of being obsessed with becoming as powerful as possible. It doesn't matter what he wanted those powers for, the important thing is that he wanted to have them.

Then what made Ganondorf lose the Triforce of Power?
I don't believe it was the Master Sword. Ganon kept his Triforce fragment in OoT after Link had impaled him with the Master Sword so this doesn't seem to work. I also don't think Zant was responsible for taking away Ganondorf Triforce of Power, he just could kill him after the fragment had faded. (Otherwise it would mean Zant had possessed some powers of his own who were equal to those of the Triforce fragment if he could drain its power that easily and that wouldn't make any sense).

It seems like the Triforce of Power had faded on its own. The reasons for this are actually quite obvious: Ganondorf is weak. He had possessed divine powers, yet was unable to use them to achieve his goals. He had failed multiple times so he didn't longer deserve to bear the mark of the Triforce of Power.

The questions remains who is worthy then?
For me there is only one possible answer. Only one person who had proved her ability to master powers just slightly inferior to the Triforce fragment's multiple times. The one person who had used the full potential of the Fused Shadows which were even forbidden by the godesses for all the evil they could cause, just to do good deeds. Midna never misued their power or caused any kind of unwanted side effects. She even used their evil magic to heal! And Midna never hesitated to use those powers when it was necessary, never thinking of what might happen to her. Nobody could probably be worthier to bear the Triforce of Power than Midna.

And now think about the fight Midna vs. Ganon, Midna wielding the Fused Shadows. How could she survive after being defeated? Most of us would have considered her dead after the scene where Ganondorf holds her Fused Shadow like a trophy. But i don't believe she had died. She had been gravely wounded for sure and probably Ganondorf had thought she was dead. But i doubt the Light Spirits could have healed her if she had been completely dead, especially after seeing what the exposure to Lanayru had done to her before MDH. My theory is that Ganon couldn't completely kill her, because the Triforce of Power he was using to do so refused to end her existence for good. And if we think about it: Midna came back right after the Triforce of Power had faded on his hand. I say it had been transferred to Midna and only then the Light Spirits were capable of healing her, because like Link, Zelda and Ganondorf didn't turn to ghosts in the Twilight and like Midna herself could exist in the Light World after Zelda had given her her powers (which probably included the Triforce of Wisdom), the Triforce of Power made the light no longer harmful to Midna.

Now what do you think about this theory?
Maybe it's just wishful thinking because in that way Midna finally would have received at least some means of reward for all the sacrifices she had made for the greater good...

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:27 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: What happened to the Triforce of Power after TP?
Interesting theory. However, as farfetched as it sounds, it would seem a little more reasonable to believe Zant somehow managed to obtain the Triforce of Power for himself. I'm not 100% sure how, but I think it's connected to Ganondorf seeing Zant crack his neck followed up by Ganondorf's death. Also, I think Midna would have noticed if she had the Triforce of Power or not. That's all I can really think of as far as this topic goes, but again, very interesting theory.

Also,
Project Alice wrote:
Maybe it's just wishful thinking because in that way Midna finally would have received at least some means of reward for all the sacrifices she had made for the greater good...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ^_^

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
However, as farfetched as it sounds, it would seem a little more reasonable to believe Zant somehow managed to obtain the Triforce of Power for himself. I'm not 100% sure how, but I think it's connected to Ganondorf seeing Zant crack his neck followed up by Ganondorf's death.
Could Midna have transformed to her true appearance in this case? Originally Zant had placed the curse upon her, but not using his own powers (did he even have some?) but Ganondorf's who again had received his powers from the Triforce of Power. If Zant didn't die but obtain the Triforce of Power from Ganondorf, the curse on Midna wouldn't have lost its power as the source of the curse's magic would have still been active, right?

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Also, I think Midna would have noticed if she had the Triforce of Power or not.
She might not necessarly have:
-She had been healed from near death to perfect shape => felt stronger
-She had regained her true form and with it her powers as the Twilight Princess => felt stronger
->Would she have noticed the third reason for her increased powers immediately?
And if she did: Are you sure she would have told Link? She probably had the plan to destroy the mirror once the started their journey back to the mirror chamber yet she didn't say a word to Link. She even tried to comfort him with the "See you later" sentence. I doubt she would have told him something about the Triforce of Power as this would only have made things more complicated then they already were.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Quote:
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Also, I think Midna would have noticed if she had the Triforce of Power or not.
She might not necessarly have:
-She had been healed from near death to perfect shape => felt stronger
-She had regained her true form and with it her powers as the Twilight Princess => felt stronger
->Would she have noticed the third reason for her increased powers immediately?
And if she did: Are you sure she would have told Link? She probably had the plan to destroy the mirror once the started their journey back to the mirror chamber yet she didn't say a word to Link. She even tried to comfort him with the "See you later" sentence. I doubt she would have told him something about the Triforce of Power as this would only have made things more complicated then they already were.

You make a very good point. If she was aware that she had the Triforce, she probably would have done something about it. Perhaps she is not aware that she has the Triforce yet. Another possibility is that the Triforce of Power was restored to it's original location: The Temple of Time. If that is the case, then another villian* now has the chance of snatching that peice of the Triforce, since it is up for grabs. As of now, we won't know anything about that missing peice until the next game comes around.
Quote:
I believe that in fact, the Triforce of Power didn't choose evil persons because they were evil, but because they were the ones who were striving to gain the ultimate power more than anyone else and they were also the ones who were ruthless enough to actually use such powers at their full potential

I beg to differ slightly on this point, because first of all the peice didn't choose Ganondorf; Ganondorf stole the peice in the first place. This resulted in him being cast into the Twilight Realm for his crimes. When the Triforce was taken from him, I believe it was taken by the Goddesses who knew that Ganondorf was to dangerous to have such a power. Therefore, they took it from him once he was defeated by Link. What they did with it after that is beyond me, but it is possible that they bestowed it upon Midna instead, because she was pure of heart. My belief is that the Triforce is rightly given to those that deserve it, not to those who desire it.
Spoiler HTML code

*continued

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 am

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Another thing that came to my mind about this theory is that Midna normally wouldn't have been able to exist in the light world anymore after she had returned Zelda's powers. But she stands upright in the bright sun of the Gerudo Desert in the ending scene, how could this have been possible if she hadn't recieved the Triforce of Power?

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:10 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Project Alice wrote:
How could this have been possible if she hadn't recieved the Triforce of Power?

Yes, but also remember the exact same situation happened while in the throne room. She lost Zelda's powers and was still just fine in the Light World. Before you argue with the Fused Shadows, she was not using them at the time.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Kawaii incarnate

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Project Alice wrote:
Another thing that came to my mind about this theory is that Midna normally wouldn't have been able to exist in the light world anymore after she had returned Zelda's powers. But she stands upright in the bright sun of the Gerudo Desert in the ending scene, how could this have been possible if she hadn't recieved the Triforce of Power?

When thinking about this, this actually sounds like a good sort of plot to start an eventually sequel with. That they need her becouse she got the triforce of power.
Hopefully we'll know more soon. I can't stand all this speculation in my head.

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Project Alice wrote:
How could this have been possible if she hadn't recieved the Triforce of Power?

Yes, but also remember the exact same situation happened while in the throne room. She lost Zelda's powers and was still just fine in the Light World. Before you argue with the Fused Shadows, she was not using them at the time.

I actually thought about the Fused Shadows, but i doubt those would have worked anyway. I just think that we can't really count Ganondorf's throne room as a real part of the light world. The massive dark powers blocked out any light from outside the castle. Of course once Ganondorf had been defeated and his dark powers had faded she would have been exposed to the light, but she didn't really expect to survive this encounter anyway i suppose. She wouldn't have teleported Link and Zelda out of the castle if she had held herself capable of defending the two of them.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Project Alice wrote:
The questions remains who is worthy then?

Happy mask salesman.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:31 am
Profile YIM

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

seeing as the child timeline is centers around the afterlife/death, perhaps this is the age when the triforce is beginning to lose their power, and simply dissipate, such as links triforce helping him not in termina, and ganon with his power, is killed by the ghost of zant after being weakend of course

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next